Friday, October 7, 2011

She is Loved


Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister? - Alice Walker



There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me. - Mary Montagu



A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. - Marion C. Garretty



Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply... - Jane Austen, Mansfield Park, 1814



To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. - Clara Ortega

Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet. - Vietnamese proverb

{Photo above: A few weeks ago at his grandmother's house, my sweet boy tripped and skinned his knee...the first time ever...For days after that everyone he met had to look at the scab. 
Today I placed his baby sister on a blanket on the living room floor and he went and laid down right beside her. He kissed her cheek and gently stroked her head...and then he showed her the place where the hurt used to be...made this mama gulp at the big ol' lump in my throat as he so tenderly shared his 'treasure'.
 In  a way it reminded me of "The Little Drummer Boy", bringing to the Baby Jesus not expensive gifts or anything tangible, but a song from his heart...}

4 comments:

  1. You just confirmed again: The biggest gift you can give your children, is a new brother or sister...
    This is so precious!
    Enjoy your beautiful young family!
    Much love, my Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Linnie - so true!! She seems to be the centre of their little universe at the moment. They LOVE helping me and I never have to look very far if I need someone to pass me a nappy or sing her a song. Baby Sister's bath time is the highlight of their day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is such beautiful post!! I love your last thought about the "Little Drummer Boy" and the pictures are all beautiful. My favourites are the last two!! You have such a beautiful family - you are so blessed!!

    See you soon :)
    Georgiax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have you back - what precious photos. I have no doubt that your little three will be great friends. Settle into your new 'mother of three' role. Love & hugs, Isabel

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your comments! I will try my best to reply here to each comment promptly. Have a beauty-full day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails