Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fresh from Heaven

We have a new little gift, fresh from heaven, as pink and as pretty as the most perfect rosebud that has ever been created.She is
loved
loved
loved
and is flourishing under the tender affections of her siblings. Oh, the wonder as sweet toddler hands gently unfurl the tiny, tiny fingers, faces awash with amazement at their perfection...gentle kisses on a downy head...standing on tiptoes for just more peek at her sweet, sleeping face.




   It reminds me of this story I read years ago:

Soon after her brother was born, little Sachi began to ask her parents to leave her alone with the new baby. They worried that like most four-year-olds, she might feel jealous and want to hit or shake him, so they said no. But she showed no signs of jealousy. She treated the baby with kindness and her pleas to be left alone with him became more urgent. They decided to allow it.
   Elated, she went into the baby's room and shut the door, but it opened a crack - enough for her curious parents to peek inside and listen. They saw little Sachi walk quietly up to her baby brother, put her face close to his and say quietly: "Baby, tell me what God feels like. I'm starting to forget."
Dan Millerman
From: Chicken Soup for the Soul

4 comments:

  1. Your Rosebud is beautiful JM and I cannot wait to meet her and take some pictures for you! I love the little story at the end...how very beautiful and uplifting!!

    Auntie G
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! What gorgeous pictures of your girls, Sweet Pea looks oh so very proud! Enjoy! Hugs & Kisses xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! How exciting. I just started following your blog and some of your Pinterest boards.
    Take care,
    Shauna
    myshaenoel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Congratulations on your new little one!

    I'm glad you stopped by and enjoy the little Bible lessons we do! I love connecting with other mamas who are trying to teach their children God's Word! I can't wait to see what you come up with. :) I've also started following your blog and Pinterest. :) Have a great day! Amanda

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your comments! I will try my best to reply here to each comment promptly. Have a beauty-full day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails