Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Yummy, Mummy!

My good friend Gina attended last Friday's
Toys for Tots
workshop,
and although I would like to believe that she left here
inspired
with all kinds of wonderful ideas for
enriching
her children's minds,
the highlight of the morning for her was clearly my
home-made
chocolate & almond
biscotti!
She made me promise to put the recipe on the blog, so here goes!
(I didn't get a chance to take a photo of mine, so I borrowed one here)

Ingredients
  • 125g butter
  • 200 ml (160g) sugar
  • 2 extra large eggs
  • 2 ml vanila essence
  • 500 ml (280g) cake flour
  • 8 ml baking powder
  • 5 ml salt
  • 250 ml (100g) nuts (I used almonds, but use whichever kind you like best!)
  • 150g chocolate, roughly chopped (1 slab cadbury's works great)
Method:
  1. Cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla essence and whisk until light and frothy.
  2. Sift together the flour and salt. Add to the egg mixture. Stir in the nuts & chocolate and mix to a stiff dough. Divide the dough into two and cover with cling wrap. Chill in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
  3. Roll each piece of dough out on a floured surface. Shape into 2 sausages about 25cm long, and place on a greased baking sheet.
  4. Bake for 30 minutes at 180 C until light brown.
  5. Let it cool and cut diagonally into 1cm slices. Bake these for another 5 minutes at 120 C.
  6. Lift onto a cooling rack.
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and appreciate your comments! I will try my best to reply here to each comment promptly. Have a beauty-full day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails